Winter Flowers (Kolly Gallery)

Ludovilk Myers “Winter Flowers” solo show at Kolly Gallery in Zurich (Switzerland) from  jan 30th to feb 11th, 2023. Thanks Pebeo for the support. Every painting is acrylic, oil, bio resin on a 70x50cm handmade wood panel.

“The inspiration for the new series by Ludovilk Myers is the season we are in currently the winter. Often the flowers go unnoticed or unappreciated in winter, but also in winter there are wonderful flowers blooming with colors like orange, yellow, blue, red and purple. All of those vibrant colors can be found in Myers’ new artworks. For these works the artist built wooden frames and painted them with acrylic paint, oil paint and resin. He used a very brutal process to make the flowers on his paintings result in a  random and completely flat appearance. The artist’s intervention on the art work was only a support to the composition and represents about 20% of the process, the remaining 80% are created through the drying of the mixed materials in the wooden panel. With this series of artworks the artist raises the question where the nature has its place in art? Myers juxtaposes the fact that flowers in paintings are usually frozen in the same momentum, whereas in real life, they have a lifecycle which has many facets and metamorphoses. Nevertheless in paintings the flower becomes alive and vibrant through the power of its composition and the emotion it is transmitting. Besides the rather philosophical examination of the flower-motif, his quest is dedicated to the evolutionary contemplation. The artist’s ultimate goal is that people are able to get lost in the composition and are able to detect new forms every day. His gesture gives the primal direction of the compositions, but at some point the random process takes over and the compositions evolve by questioning the place of abstraction in the figurative. Indeed, the final result seems abstract while in reality they represent accumulations of flowers. Without doubt the fact of not drawing them in a representative shape makes the final result more difficult to read by offering the viewer several levels of reading.” Tania Di Brita

Back to journal